This is a recording of a presentation given by Michael Buckworth (Partner) and Mary Frost-Payne (M&A and Corporate Associate) of Buckworths on the topic of “Preparing for a sale of your business”. The presentation looked at the steps to take when commencing a sale process and covered the following topics:
1. Steps to take in advance of commencing a sale process
– Deal with business issues that could impact valuation.
– Identify your likely buyer.
– Understand the value drivers and how to protect them against value erosion.
2. Due diligence
– What is due diligence, and why does it matter?
– The different due diligence workstreams, and what to expect.
– How best to approach due diligence.
3. How due diligence impacts the contractual terms
– Warranties and indemnities.
– Whether or not to insure the deal.
– The implications of earn-outs and retentions on risk.
For more information and help on how to prepare your business for sale and how best to handle it, contact Buckworths by phone on 020 7952 1723 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For upcoming events, visit our events page.